WANTED: Social media manager (volunteer) for Professors Without Borders
Professors Without Borders is an entirely volunteer-led charity to improve access to higher education.
As a social media manager, you’ll manage the charity’s online presence by developing a strategy, producing good content, analysing usage data, facilitating customer service and managing projects and campaigns.
We are looking for a colleague who shares our passion for higher education and has experience and ideas for managing social media.
As a social media manager, you would:
- Develop creative and engaging social media strategies that spread and enrich our core brand values.
- Create, oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube) using scheduling tools such as Hootsuite.
- Develop, launch and manage new competitions, stories and campaigns that promote our organisation and brand.
- Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights.
- Set targets to increase brand awareness, reach of our key messages and increase customer engagement.
- Manage, motivate and educate junior staff and interns.
- Be custodian of our brand guidelines in the social media space.
- Minimum five hours per week
- This is a volunteer position
To apply, email brief statement explaining why you want this role and what you will bring to it.